Jun 10, 2009

Hogle Zoo

Last Saturday we went to the Zoo to compare their animals to our own, it was a pretty successful trip we did lose Carsen 3 times though. He is the social one that will follow anyone and strike up a conversation with whoever is around him. It was nice and cool so a lot of the animals were out and about so we were able to see more than usual.



We saw the bird show that they put on, the kids liked it a lot, the birds fly right over your head, the Golden Eagle even smacked Carmell's head with it's wing. This picture is of a Russian Sea Eagle it was huge it was 3 ft. tall and weighed about 15 lbs it is the biggest bodied eagle in the world.


The kids played around a bit on the playground while we waited for the rest of Carmell's family to meet up with us this is where we lost Carsen the first time for about 5 min. Carmell thought I had him and I thought she had him it was a little scary. He was just down the path looking at some of the animals enjoying himself, I think he could just walk around all day and visit and not be phased by it. (we need to invest in one of those kid leashes)

Colten enjoyed all of the animals but I think mostly playing with his cousins was his favorite Jessie liked the animals except the elephants they were a little to close for her, she liked the fox though and wanted to get in to see it better
Good thing a zoo keeper didn't see him I think they would have put him on the other side of the glass.

the kids sure slept good on the way home I don't think they made it out of the parking lot.

2 comments :

  1. How fun!!! We totally need to go to the zoo now!! I understand about loosing kids and it being horrifing! We lost Mason for a while in Wal-Mart. Doesn't faze the kids but does the parents!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks like you had a fun time! I also forgot to tell you that Jenny had cleaned out McKalls stuff and she has a bag of stuff that will fit Jess so Brett is bringing the puppies out to Sportsmans on Saturday maybe you could run up see the puppies and grab the clothes! (: I will let you know for sure

    ReplyDelete